Issue #12004 has been updated by Gordon King.

Gregory Brown wrote:
> Few people in this thread have the leadership responsibilities to understand that aspect of things

Few people in this thread have the age and experience to understand that aspect of things.

Few people in this thread are sufficiently educated to understand that aspect of things.

Gregory you write thoughtfully and sincerely but in the end its an appeal to authority, specifically your own.  Perhaps you're indulging in post purchase rationalization; having bought into it, "I sure am clever for having done so".

Most people as they go through life accumulate some experience in leading something, be it a gaming faction or a Fortune 500 company.  Explaining to people that 'leaders have to think of others' is a little condescending.

You write "I live on top of a giant mountain of privilege".  I'd submit that every single person participating in this thread sits on top of a giant mountain of privilege and the differences, if any, are microscopic in the grand scheme of things.

Where's the evidence this will make any positive difference to ruby?

Where's the evidence it's made any positive difference to your project?  Who joined because you had it?  Who left because you had it? Who didn't join because you did or didn't have one?

The claims for the benefits of a CoC are impossible to prove, but the handful of abuses committed because of them, are all too real.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct