OK, sorry for previous comment. Let's try this way.

Few notes before I start.

1. While I am using Ruby for past 15 years literally on daily basis, I am
not affilated with the Ruby project in any way. What I will state below
should be interpreted as my personal opinion and should not be used against
Ruby project in any form.
2. I have nothing against people with any sexual habbits. Personally, I
have FtM friend and quite few gay friends. I respect them for what they do
in their professional life and/or other areas we share. I can't care less
for what they do in their bedrooms. It's their life, they can do whatever
they want with it.
3. I separate my professional activities from my other activities. I'd work
with trans, gay, child molester, serial killer, even Hitler himself if they
will add value to the project, I'm working on.

WARNING! Everything below might or might not offend you. If you don't want
to take a chance to be offended, go read something else.

Does Ruby project need this code of conduct? Definitely no. I interacted
with community (mostly @ IRC channel) and it was ALWAYS nice, welcoming and
helpful. No exceptions. Even matz answered my (not always properly
formulated, I must admit) questions several times. No one asked anything
about my sex, age, skin color, nationality, religious believes or anything
else not related to the problem in question. I simply don't see problem
which should be solved with this code of conduct.

Now let's look at Coraline's github. What we see there? Right, code of
conduct itself and few forks and hello worlds. Did she added anything
useful to community? Maybe, but not for me. Rest of the guys and gils from
this fine group? I forced myself to check 5 more accounts (in order of
appearing in (in)famous opal #941) - all the same - endless hello worlds
and playgrounds. Nothing even remotely useful. Of course, my opinion is
biased by Coraline's personality here, so I might be totally wrong. So,
Coraline, show us your code and I'll appologize to you personally. And no,
statements of your friends "Coraline is one of the most seasoned developers
I seen" or "Coraline is panelist of ruby rogues" (I don't even understand
what does it mean) does not count.

What about 13000 projects already adopted this code of conduct? How much of
them are hello worlds by Coraline and her friends or some other strange
things? I actually decided to check, first several pages in suggested
github search (
https://github.com/search?l=markdown&q=%22contributor+covenant%22&ref=searchresults&type=Code)
are occupied by 31 MolajoPlugins projects, each worth few lines of PHP
code, but each with own copy of code of conduct. All projects have exactly
4 commits by 1 contributor. Let's look at her followers...
https://github.com/AmyStephen/following - guess who we'll find there.
Another random proejct - https://github.com/amorphid/srm - 7 commits, 1
contributor. I'm too lazy to fetch proper statistics and I'm not Coraline
to jump into conclusions without solid evidence, so I'll just stop here.

Another thing worth noting - (almost) all these nice guys (and gils) are
from USA. I respect and support their rights to do whatever they want
(aparently, they want your idiomatic police state) with their country, but
I'm strongly against their intentions to spread it to other countries. They
don't care that their vision of freedom is different from, for example, my
vision of freedom and are trying to destroy anything they don't like or
don't understand. Do you see irony in this? Also note that this fine bunch
of people still harras Elia on each occasion they can.

Please note that I do belive that Coraline and others actually do have good
intentions and do belive they are doing right thing. We have local idiom on
the topic: "Road to hell is made of good intentions". Today you'll add this
code of conduct, tomorrow you'll need to pass LGBT awareness exam to make
commit. No, thank you.

So, please, please, please, ignore or ban them and don't waste your
valuable time on this nonsence. Each minute spent on this thread (and yes,
even on this comment, and I appologize for that) means some feature not
implemented or bug not fixed in Ruby.

While I was writing this, I actually contacted my FtM friend and asked him
for his opinion on this. Let me quote: "I'm normal person and don't
understand why I need some special protection or special environment; this
is actually offensive". Good job Coraline! Keep going!

I'm not going to participate in any discussion with professional word
jugglers like Coraline or her friends, as I can predict that's it'll end up
with me being more angry and offended that I am at the moment.