On 2016-01-26 7:39 AM, Austin Ziegler wrote:
> Ideas [are] considered equally and must stand on [their] own merit and
> not the reputation of the proponent

I just can't see what is wrong with this important principle. This is
the ideal, even when you think it's not always the reality.

I don't think you understand what we mean by "meritocracy":

* If the proponent is a high-status maintainer, their idea SHOULD NOT
carry any MORE weight.
* If the proponent has low status, their idea SHOULD NOT carry any LESS
weight.

Isn't this what everyone is asking for? To leave social status outside
and treat everyone equally?