Issue #12004 has been updated by Carlos Jennings.

Coraline Ada Ehmke wrote:
> Relevant: https://subfictional.com/2016/01/25/the-complex-reality-of-adopting-a-meaningful-code-of-conduct/

I just skimmed through it but it's trivially falsifiable. This bit:

> There are a handful of folks (example) who keep playing the dog whistle of impending fascism in response to their community proposal of a adopting a code of conduct. This assertion simply has no merit and serves mostly to distract and derail.

is wrong, it's been done before. See how Lars Hupel hijacked the scalaz library from its inventor, Tony Morris, by unilaterally creating a code of conduct and using it as a club to sanction him, ex post facto style:

https://gist.github.com/ekmett/81a507f50d857345691c
https://twitter.com/puffnfresh/status/519887926327390209

The people who brought up pedophilia as an example are right to do so. As a parent, I find it disturbing that known pedophile Sarah Nyberg is a figurehead in the social circles that are pushing for these CoCs. The fact that she gets a pass from a certain group of people here since she's part of their political ingroup should tell you a lot; they quite simply save their venom and outrage for a predictable demographic.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct