On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 1:18 AM, <shrubby / yopmail.com> wrote:

> Issue #12004 has been updated by ph ph.
> Coraline Ada Ehmke wrote:
> > > Should you persist on perturbing this technical community with your
> > > political ideas, it will be perfectly warranted to take positive action
> > > unambiguously opposite of the ones you are promoting, in order to
> > > disincentive you to persist on imposing your crazy ideas.
> >
> > It's hard not to read this as a threat.
>
> It is a threat. A threat against your ideas.
> But your reaction by calling this a general threat, implicitly meaning
> against you as a person, proves once again your straightforward
> political agenda, and what it will bring to Ruby.

Do you truly believe that what you are advocating is not, itself, politics?
Your assertion that we, the wider Ruby Community, are *merely* technical is
a political opinion, and one that you have made *threats* to enforce others
keep their ideas of what the Ruby Community means to them to themselves.
You are making an argument of ideological purity (re: tech vs not tech,
plus other bits), which is an extremely political stance. Reality, even in
°»technical communities°…, is much more nuanced than your simplistic approach
would suggest.

Your argumentation is based on half truths just like you mention the
> fact that we are "a community". We are not a community.
> we are a  _technical_ community. Not a national community, or a
> any community which should take extra precaution compared to
> the rest of the people : if you feel something is to be done for
> a cause you care, it has nothing specific to do with the Ruby
> technical community.

One cannot have a technical community without a community. Whenever you
have a group of like-minded individuals, you *by definition* have a
community. Our like-mindedness is based around our like for Ruby the
programming language. Because people are not robots or automatons, a
community *must* be able to work with its members. Healthy communities are
welcoming communities. Unhealthy communities are exclusive communities. I
prefer Ruby to be a welcoming *healthy* community than an unhealthy
exclusionary community ruled by the diktats of the narrow-minded who can°«t
accept the modern world.

> If you continue to promote your political ideas in the technical
> realm, we will, on principle, attack your ideas, to provide you with
> the necessary incentives to stop.

It has nothing personal, nor is it linked to the ideas themselves you are
> promoting. It is just on principle.

°»I will close the mind of the Ruby community to anything except that which
I, ph ph, deem acceptable.°… How progressive of you.

> You want to impose nothing sexual
> despite the fact that :
> - you are willing to introduce a fringe _psychological_ distinction  of
> "gender" VS "gender identity" VS "gender expression"

These concepts are not fringe. Your personal distaste is showing and
masquerading as °»fact°….

> - different cultures consider different things sexual

Irrelevant.

> Clearly this is a bound to fail even in theory, and this trainwreck should
>  be stopped.
>

> All this has nothing to do with Ruby a programming language,
> everything about your political ideas  and will to impose them,
> and promise nothing good but trouble as has now been evidenced.

The only trouble I am seeing is someone who is making threats and promises
of retribution on someone who only wants to see her community become better
and more welcoming.

-a
--
Austin Ziegler  halostatue / gmail.com  austin / halostatue.ca
http://www.halostatue.ca/  http://twitter.com/halostatue