Issue #12004 has been updated by ph ph.

Usaku NAKAMURA wrote:
> I state **my** opinion as one of administrators of bugs.ruby-lang.org.
> This is **not** a consensus of the administrators, merely my opinion.

Nakamura-san, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion.
But to get a communication going with, you need to have
enough shared vocabulary, common values and understanding.

And the difference is striking here : whereas the proposer comes
and slams its insulting "code of conduct" onto us, you are
apologizing for expressing your legitimate opinion with precaution.

That is why we can only hope to aim at a shared understanding and
mutual respect by doing things, by coding Ruby.

And by sidestepping the byzantine discussions at once.

One could highlight how wrong it would be to ever take as a
point of reference for moral authority some modern ideology
produced in a decadent society with a tainted history.

Far from being universal, it could on the contrary _only_ have been
produced now _and_ there. That makes it totally unfit to be applied
worldwide and dismissive of the diversity of cultures.

This _is_ obvious even to them as they  like to highlight notion
which did not exist a few years back and _that_ constitute their
pride

But ultimately, arguing this is itself a danger and a waste of time.
The only wise rule is to have the Ruby technical community care about
Ruby, and only about Ruby.  This is the best environment to care for
everyone, and the best we can do.

We can only aim for understanding, not listen to false prophets of peace,
accept limitations, both ours and the one outside us, and as Plato - a more
trusty occidental reference.. - walk the walk.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct