Issue #12004 has been updated by Ruby Dino.

ph ph wrote:

> What on earth is "gender"  VS "gender identity" VS "gender expression" ?
>
> If english is not the language to be used, I would suggest we switch to Japanese.
> Using the language of the legitimate creators and owners of Ruby would seem appropriate and
> help filter the discussion from outsiders wanting to impose outside constraints.

I will chime in on this topic.

Gender identity is what a person feels like they are, male, female or the third sex from the Asian aspect. In the US we have non-English gender identities which fall outside of those three.

Gender on the other hand isn't appropriate for any legal framework or code of conduct. Many people on the SJW side have attempted to hijack the conversation to equate gender to sex.

What Coraline probably means is "sex" as in what your DNA is constructed. This is different than secondary sexual characteristics, which many on the SJW side attempt to hijack for their own political views even though it's in contract with science in the same way religious people attempt to bash science for their own political purposes.

TL;DR
gender is wrong. She means to use "Sex"
gender identity is what a person identifies as in life.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct