Issue #12004 has been updated by Benton Barnett.

Tsuyoshi Sawada wrote:
> Benton Barnett wrote:
> > That being said, the most popular Code of Conduct that has been proposed so far is the Contributor Covenant, with 21 people explicitly saying that are for it. 14 people have explicitly supported a different CoC (Jeremy's, Matz's or PostgreSQL's). However, I don't feel that these numbers are indicative of the situation, due to how few people are explicitly stating which code of conduct they support.
>
> This is not voting. The numbers do not mean anything. Although Matz asked for opinions, the final decision is solely dependent on him.

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. Thank you for reiterating that. Since the goal of a code of conduct is to protect the underprivileged, a group which may not have it's voice fully heard, I don't think the code of conduct should be chosen by a popular vote.

> And since he has already expressed that he does not want to adopt Coraline's version, that version has already gone out of the question.

Yes. I was providing these numbers as a summary, since this thread has gotten quite long. Even though Matz has said he doesn't want to adopt the Contributor Covenant, I felt it would be disrespectful to people who had voiced their support for it if I excluded them from the totals.

Thank you for reminding us to stay on topic. Specifically, towards crafting a code of conduct that fits the Ruby community.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct