Issue #12004 has been updated by Robert A. Heiler.

Hmm I was wanting to write a long reply just now about how I dislike this
code of conduct, but then I read that the current variant was not approved
nor would be fitting to ruby or the ruby philosophy, so it was kind of moot
to reply a lot to it. :)

(Although I have some questions about claims such as "Since it came from and
has been so widely adopted by the Ruby community" since I did not see any
statistical and unbiased analysis for such a claim.)

People are different. Matz always said so too, including the design and
philosophy of ruby - there is more than one way to do it also means that
there is more than one way to use ruby. Any code of conduct that would or would
not be chosen, should also reflect that. The above code proposal is not good
for many reasons, it is very vague such as "Other unethical or unprofessional
conduct" because who defines what is a "professional conduct"? People are
different, cultures are different. The main focus of proposals but also
contributions should be on technical aspects. Is this or that change good?
What are the trade offs and side effects? Is the documentation useful? Which
changes should happen next to ruby? And so on and so forth.

One of the best changes to ruby in the last two years was the "did you mean"
gem. I am a big fan. It may not appear huge, but it's simply awesome. It
is about the human aspect too. And it did not need a code of conduct - good
ideas can happen from anywhere, all the time.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct