Issue #12004 has been updated by ph ph.

We are not a community. We are *technical* community.

We live in national communities which have laws, which can not be replaced.
Write some law of your own, try to enforce some it, and not only will you
potentially piss people off, but you might also be sued, because there
 are some real laws you can't ignore.

Discussing the subject is moot as it is trivially absurd to try to align politically
some technical contributors. Some citizen of a colonisation based nation will
argue vehemently for equal rights among race with strange notion of equality.
Others from some genocider nation will argue you are not kind enough to others.
We will only ever have harmony if we concentrate on the technical nature of a
technical community. Bring politic in and you are bound to have political issues.

Why such absurdity then ? Clearly it is an opportunity for people who
seek endorsement by ruby  (a... programming language .. but a real credential
out there), who are deranged (that exists), or both.

Our apathy is their opportunity they are playing. They don't believe in what they
put forward, no one does.  What they do believe is the fact that if their absurd
idea, completely unrelated to Ruby nor to any real problem, is being taken
seriously in a long discussion, that is a clear sign of weakness and an opportunity
worth digging.

Our willingness to discuss rationally irrational things out is a
direct measurement of how ready this technical community is to fall for it.
Dont be fooled by their attempt to falsely rationalize it, they are the first to not
believe it. Their absurd reasoning sound like kids  ? They know. They know you know.
But dont miss the real point of it.

I urge people who would be tempted to argue on the ground of the merit
of such proposal to open their eyes on the higher motives behind this non-sense
and how pointless, (and actually damaging, as it will be perceived as a weakness
to be exploited), it would be them to try to reason those people.

That's not to say we are to be silent, on the contrary, but unfortunately and
despite our good nature which values rational explanation and helping people out,
the only good answer is forceful rejection. We are encountering the equivalent of
some form of invaders. the equivalent of if you do not want war, prepare for it.
It might be against our nature of technical people always ready to help, but that
is unfortunately the real life crossing our project and that's real life most generous
answer.

Let them do their own fork and abide by their own rules, but reject forcefully
any idea which are of non-technical nature to a technical project like this one.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct