Issue #12004 has been updated by Olivier Lacan.

File Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 6.45.23 PM.png added

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> My acceptable modified version of the CoC is like the following
>
> > Contributor Code of Conduct
> >
> > As contributors and maintainers of this project, and in the interest of fostering an open and welcoming community, we pledge to respect all people who contribute through reporting issues, posting feature requests, updating documentation, submitting pull requests or patches, and other activities.
> >
> > We are committed to making participation in this project a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of level of experience, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, belief, or nationality.
> >
> > Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
> >
> > * The use of sexualized language or imagery
> > * Personal attacks
> > * Trolling or insulting/derogatory comments
> > * Harassment
> > * Publishing other's private information, such as physical addresses, without explicit permission
> > * Other unethical conduct
> >
> > Project maintainers may remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct.
> >
> > Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting a project maintainer at [INSERT EMAIL ADDRESS]. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. Maintainers are obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident.

Attached is a visual diff between the Contributor Covenant code of conduct version 1.3.0 and Matz's edited version.

After reviewing Matz's proposed version, I believe it is a good first step. Although it clearly compromises on the responsibility of maintainers and their accountability, it includes the private email contact I believe important for code of conduct violations to be reported and addressed by the team. However, I believe that a line mentioning that the code of conduct is adapted from Contributor Covenant would be very appropriate.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct