Issue #12004 has been updated by Olivier Lacan.

Andreas Fast wrote:
> We can still rely on common sense for forceful action should it be needed, and as we've seen in this very thread, it works just fine.

What does this mean? Where would one individual contact the Ruby core team privately to discuss a conduct issue? It seems to have been established that security@ is not appropriate.

Being able to reach out to someone seems important. This concept of a single point of contact was added in Contributor Covenant 1.3.0 and seems like a good idea.

A few people from the Ruby core team seem worried (in this thread) that no one has the time to respond to such issues. This seems odd to me because there is currently no way of knowing how many people would contact conduct / ruby-lang.org if it existed. Are we expecting dozens of emails a day? Why would we possibly expect that? Isn't it worrisome that we would expect hordes of people to raise issues of conduct?

There needs to be a somewhat private way for people to ask for help with such matters, if there isn't already. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to suggest that if the core team refuses to establish a conduct / ruby-lang.org when a security / ruby-lang.org exists for fear of being overwhelmed, then perhaps the core team needs to be a little more concerned with conduct.

I'm also very busy with my private life, work and open source projects but if responding to conduct issues can allow anyone in the Ruby community to know they can find help when needed, I'll gladly volunteer myself. You can contact me directly at hi / olivierlacan.com.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct