Issue #12004 has been updated by Ruby Dino.

Pat Allan wrote:
> Supporting Coraline's proposed Code of Conduct is not the same as supporting every action Coraline has ever made

Incorrect. The spirit of Coraline's CoC is clearly indicated in the GitHub repository. I don't believe Matz would ever choose the Contributor's Covenant due to the spirit of the CoC.

https://github.com/CoralineAda/contributor_covenant/commit/0e927bc01614d6b0de021a314dbe95e7dfcc7bb9

I've posted this link earlier in the thread, read the posts. Read the redacted sections of index.html. Clearly Coraline has a problem with meritocracies, not just people "getting away with bad behavior" due to their technical advancements but in general. People shouldn't be shut out because of their opinions, but injecting a document created from political vile wouldn't be in the best interest of Ruby. I'd rather Matz adopt a CoC from a neutral party or create his own for the community.

I also agree with the person earlier in the thread. If any action would be taken against a person, it should be 12 random developers, not a standing committee and CERTAINLY not anyone with a chip on their shoulder the size of Texas.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct