Issue #12004 has been updated by Pat Allan.

Richard Drake wrote:
> Agreed. But not one supporter of Ehmke's CoC on this thread has admitted that the treatment of Elia in July was overreaction. My deduction: they believe it was justified and they want to be able to persecute others the same way. That's the purpose of the new CoC for them.
>
> Clarification of this would be very valuable.

Supporting Coraline's proposed Code of Conduct is not the same as supporting every action Coraline has ever made, just like supporting Jeremy's proposed Code of Conduct is not the same as supporting every action Jeremy has ever made, and so on for Matz and everyone else who has proposed a Code of Conduct. You're also expecting that everyone who supports Coraline's proposed Code of Conduct is completely across what happened between her, Elia, and the rest of the Opal team and feels qualified to make judgements about it (I know I'm not).

Let's stop making this an us vs them argument. It seems the majority of people in this discussion are keen to see a Code of Conduct of some shape - if you have input on what that document should look like, please, share that. If you think a document is not helpful, fine, share your thinking about that too. If you want to attack people and place blame about specific incidents, I'm quite sure this isn't the place for it.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct