Issue #12004 has been updated by David Celis.

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> David Celis wrote:
> > This is an unfortunate conundrum, then. A code of conduct should be treated similarly to a law. If there aren't repercussions for violating it, and if it's not enforced, it's ultimately meaningless. The Ruby maintainers and community need to be willing to uphold a commitment to this sort of code of conduct, IMO
>
> But what kind of enforcement we can do? As I said before, banning is meaningless (in our community). Only we can do is reject/remove/edit issues/pages/conversations with problems, but I don't think it needs to be written in CoC.
>
> Matz.

I agree that banning a user in our community is meaningless. It is, of course, impossible to remove someone from the greater Ruby community. It is simply too large. However, even those measures that you list are important and I think it is fair to document them. When comments, commits, or conversations are removed or when people are removed from the main Ruby repository or issue tracker for violating this document, it is important to be able to point at that document and say "Here's why what you did was a Bad Thing, and here is where it said doing that Bad Thing would result in this consequence." Otherwise, that person has the opportunity to say "I had no idea that doing this Bad Thing would result in this consequence so that consequence shouldn't occur." Then the Bad Thing becomes meaningless.

Steve Shreeve wrote:
> I agree wholeheartedly with Matz. There is no need for this CoC. These efforts to prevent "micro-agressions", etc. are absurd and childish.

If you had followed the discussion so far, you would know that Matz has stated himself as open to adopting a Code of Conduct. Therefore, what exactly are you agreeing with?

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct