On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 7:34 AM, <nekocat432 / yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm going to start off by saying I was the first one to mention SJW in
> this thread
> and I do very much get it.

I°«m not sure that you do. Understand that I am *not* saying that your lived
experience isn°«t real and that you *personally* may have not experienced
the sort of issues that far too many people of colour, creed, sexuality,
gender, or whatever *other* means has been used to marginalize, belittle,
etc.

What I do know is that you°«re expounding °»Respectability Politics°… and are
attempting to dismiss Coraline°«s recommendation simply because her *words*
may not be as polite, refined, or as friendly as you would like them to be.
What you are doing *when* you do this is attempting to say that *her* lived
experience isn°«t real. So no, I°«m *not* actually sure that you get it.

Look, if you *actually* act MINASWAN, there°«s nothing to be worriedabout
from a code of conduct. These things aren°«t put in place to give people
things to trip over just so they can be banned from a community; they are
there to help with making judgements when there are hard calls to be made.

-a
--
Austin Ziegler  halostatue / gmail.com  austin / halostatue.ca
http://www.halostatue.ca/  http://twitter.com/halostatue