Issue #12004 has been updated by Jeremy Evans.

Eric Wong wrote:
>  Actually, you left out what I considered the most important point:
>
>  	* We are tolerant of people right to have opposing views.

I do think we should be tolerant of people's right to have
opposing views.  However, I think the statement is unrelated to
conduct, and therefore I don't believe it belongs in a Code of
Conduct.

If someone is completely intolerant of any opposing views, as long
as they don't conduct themselves in a way that violates the CoC,
then no actions should be taken against them.

>  > * Participants must ensure that their language and actions are free
>  > of personal attacks and disparaging personal remarks.
>
>  Perhaps add: " against others"
>
>  I consider tongue-in-cheek remarks against oneself to be fine.
>  It's common way of venting and expressing severity when I fix my own
>  embarassing mistakes.

I agree in principle, but find it obvious, and I'd like the CoC to be
kept short. To paraphrase Saint-Exupery, perfection in this case is when
there is nothing left to remove.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct