Issue #12004 has been updated by Martin Dürst.

Yui NARUSE wrote:
> I find the English translation of the law: http://www.japaneselawtranslation.go.jp/law/detail/?id=2088&vm=04&re=01
> It also enforces maintainers to disclosing Identification Information of the Sender with due process.

It's good to know some of the legal base under which we operate.

But it's important to notice that we want to avoid having to make recourse to the law. Once somebody thinks they need a lawyer, everybody has already lost.

What we want is to address problems quickly (or even much better, not let them happen at all), give people a chance to fix their behavior and seriously apologize, and try our best to make sure everybody continues to have fun working on and with Ruby.

> I think the workflow is not well established yet and should be established.

I agree that we need a bit more of an idea how we apply things, but creating too many explicit rules will be counterproductive.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct