Issue #12004 has been updated by Ruby Dino.

Andrew Vit wrote:

> Why would this be needed?

It's not. Coraline is just trying to shoehorn in her own philophy to the community. Matz is a CIS male with privilege afterall. </snark>

I expected her to make such a public question. The fact is the community belongs to Matz and he does a good job or delegates others if he doesn't have time available.

Jeremy Evans wrote:
> Possible advantages over the Contributor Covenant:
>
> Jeremy

I agree with this, basically it boils down to, "Don't be an asshole."

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Strand,
> > Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
> >
> > * The use of sexualized language or imagery
> Some may feel it doesn't enbodies Social Justice, some may feel it's still too much. I welcome your opinion.
>
> Matz.

My opinion is there are different cultures, even many in the US when comparing rural to those in NYC who use colorful language. My own language in general conversation is quite indecent through means of dominantly swearing, talking about BDSM, mates or give advice on such topics. I'm not going to "tone it down" in general conversation due to a frail person who feels "triggered" or offended by those with different cultural and societal beliefs. If someone feels awkward, they can speak up and I usually take it to PM if I'm talking to someone one on one.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct