Issue #12004 has been updated by Martin Dürst.

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> My acceptable modified version of the CoC is like the following

I very much support a CoC in any version that's okay with Matz. I'm okay with the proposed version, but have a few comments (change requests for consideration).

> > Contributor Code of Conduct
> >
> > As contributors and maintainers of this project, and in the interest of fostering an open and welcoming community, we pledge to respect all people who contribute through reporting issues, posting feature requests, updating documentation, submitting pull requests or patches, and other activities.

This doesn't mention actual commits.

Also, because we know who we are, it may be good to replace "this project" with the actual name or description. Also,

> > We are committed to making participation in this project a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of level of experience, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, belief, or nationality.

I think it would be good to add culture, language, and age here.
(instead of language, language abilities or natural language abilities might work. "native language", as proposed before, may be too narrow)
Also, something words that could cover aspects

> > Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
> >
> > * The use of sexualized language or imagery
> > * Personal attacks
> > * Trolling or insulting/derogatory comments
> > * Harassment
> > * Publishing other's private information, such as physical addresses, without explicit permission
> > * Other unethical conduct
> >
> > Project maintainers may remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct.
> >
> > Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting a project maintainer at [INSERT EMAIL ADDRESS]. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. Maintainers are obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident.

It might be good to have something here saying that in the case of an incident, everybody is encouraged to be careful and polite, assume carelessness or ignorance before bad will, and hold back to avoid making things worse.

> Some may feel it doesn't enbodies Social Justice, some may feel it's still too much. I welcome your opinion.
>
> Matz.

Maybe it would be good to insert a bit more of Ruby-specific language. Things like "in order to make programming and improving Ruby fun for everyone" or so.

Just some ideas. I'm okay with whatever gets approved by Matz.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct