Issue #12004 has been updated by Jeremy Evans.

The current draft Code of Conduct that PostgreSQL is considering can
be found at http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5699131D.2040805 / commandprompt.com

I personally think it could be cut down a bit by removing parts
unrelated to conduct.  Here's my proposed CoC:

~~~
== Ruby Community Code of Conduct (CoC) ==

This document provides community guidelines for a safe, respectful,
productive, and collaborative place for any person who is willing to
contribute to the Ruby community. It applies to all "collaborative
space", which is defined as community communications channels (such as
mailing lists, IRC, submitted patches, commit comments, etc.).

* Participants must ensure that their language and actions are free
of personal attacks and disparaging personal remarks.

* Participants who disrupt the collaborative space, or participate in a
pattern of behaviour which could be considered harassment will not be
tolerated.
~~~

Possible advantages over the Contributor Covenant:

1) Significantly shorter. Ruby values concise code, and the CoC language
   should reflect this.

2) Doesn't enumerate protected characteristics, making some protected
   characteristics (e.g. gender, gender identity) seeming more
   important than other characteristics (e.g. economic status, criminal
   history).  It's unfeasible to list all characteristics that people
   will want to protect in a CoC. Ruby values generic code,
   unnecessarily specific code is a smell.

3) Doesn't enumerate unacceptable behavior, making some behavior that
   could be disruptive seemingly be allowable if not explicitly listed.
   Again, Ruby values generic code.

4) Only applies to the community space.  So people won't be able to use
   the CoC to ban other people or call for them to be kicked out of the
   Ruby community based on a single tweet in a conversation held on
   Twitter.

5) Does not enforce obligations on the contributors.

6) Does not enforce or recommend banishment from the community.

Matz already mentioned that the PostgreSQL CoC is much better fit.  I
recommend we base our CoC on their current draft, as my example here
does, instead of basing it on the Contributor Covenant.

Jeremy

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct