Issue #12004 has been updated by Ruby Dino.

Julian Cheal wrote:
> When someone has been harassed, their response was not to file a bug on bugs.ruby-lang or post the harassment on a mailing list. Often is the case to suffer in silence, and in some cases to remove oneself from the community in general.
>
> Therefore, as people have mentioned there is no easy to find corpus of harassment data, that one can base a decision from. As previously mentioned, one cannot simply write a test case for community issues.
>
> I feel this discussion has gone in many directions, bar the one useful one. It should not be a discussion of Code of Conduct: yea or nay. More a discussion of, given the choices of the available codes of conducts, which one best suits our community.
> From Matz's reply it seems obvious that he too agrees with there being a code of conduct, but is unsure of the language.

This is also the case when people are introverted. We are a mix of people, introverts, extroverts, asians, whites, blacks, hispanics and other races. If people aren't willing to speak up, then the problem is their own.

Just like with introverted people, you can tell them to speak up one way or another. If someone is feeling harassed, they can report directly to Matz or another, as their contact information has always been available. Otherwise if you're inferring there should be a special class, well that's just stirring the pot to cause drama.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct