Issue #12004 has been updated by David Celis.

Ruby Dino wrote:
> David Celis wrote:
> > Nate Tuganov wrote:
> > > If Ruby community ever need it, we should write our own.
> >
> > I agree with the opinions of many folks in this thread that we do need a CoC. I think that others in this thread, those throwing terms like "SJWs" around, are unfortunate proof of that.
>
> Also to re-iterate my previous statement.
>
> I have:
> * been oppressed more than OP based on my race

As a latino, ditto. I've been oppressed too. Being oppressed is awful, right? If only we could have a nice little document to help people get oppressed less and have documented methods to deal with oppressors.

> * succeeded in winning friends who would otherwise have harsh opinions based on my race or bisexual nature

That is fantastic. It is really important to find accepting people to reinforce you for what you are: a human being! I'm happy that you were able to find that.

> * done all of this without being hostile

This is where I start to think you're not being honest, and I base that on something you say next:

> I should also note everything OP has basically stated elsewhere is a fucking slap in the face. She can change her appearance to look male or female. I wish I had the luxury of changing my skin color, it'd make evading oppression a whole lot easier.

That is just openly transphobic. Being transgendered, like being homosexual or heterosexual, or white, or black, or latinoThat's not a choice. You're born transgendered and live for a long time in a body you don't identify with. Try to imagine being born biologically as a man but always feeling justwrong about it. Being transgendered is the opposite of a luxury, and changing one's appearance and physical makeup to more identify with yourself is not a luxury either. It's a painful (both emotionally and physically) process that is taken as a drastic resort to be comfortable in one's own body.

> So, please do tell me, where is your proof?

I think I'm comfortable with that as proof, as well as your derogatory use of "SJW". That's also decidedly hostile. If you wish to voice your opinions, we'll all listen. But stop being hostile about it.

Misc #12004: Code of Conduct