Status changed from Open to Feedback

For what purpose?

Feature #12012: Add Boolean method

* Author: Andrey Koleshko
* Assignee:
In Ruby we have methods with a capital letter which are used for implicit type casting. For example: `Array`, `String`, `Integer` and etc. But there is lack of one desired function that I recently define in all my projects - this is `Boolean`. I mean it would be great to have in Ruby the built-in function:

~~~
Boolean(nil) # => false
Boolean("") # => true - I'm not sure about this. It's more convenient to have false here
Boolean("false") # => true
Boolean("0") # => false
Boolean("1") # => false
Boolean("test") # => true
~~~

What do you think, guys, about this suggestion?

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/