Issue #11839 has been updated by James Gray.

Status changed from Open to Closed
Assignee set to James Gray

Feature #11839: CSV: liberal_parsing option

* Author: Braden Anderson
* Assignee: James Gray
I've submitted a pull request, https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/1160 , which adds a liberal_parsing option to the CSV module, off by default. This allows for parsing of some invalid input, like unescaped quotes in the middle of a field, which can be unambiguously interpreted.

I discussed it briefly with JEG2, and he asked me to bring it up here in case anyone here objects. I've attached the patch.

Thank you for your consideration.

csv_liberal_parsing.diff (5.86 KB)
csv_liberal_parsing.diff (5.5 KB)
csv_liberal_parsing.diff (5.14 KB)