Issue #11931 has been reported by travis spangle.

Bug #11931: Segmentation fault with rexml/element.rb
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/11931

* Author: travis spangle
* Assignee:
* ruby -v: 2.2.3
* Backport: 2.0.0: UNKNOWN, 2.1: UNKNOWN, 2.2: UNKNOWN, 2.3: UNKNOWN
I am experiencing a bug with an API call collecting XML. I have a script that goes through a web catalog of products and writes it to a csv. Eventually I hit this error ( attached ). It's caching the responses so if I run and fail through it enough it will eventually succeed at it's task.

i thought it had to do with the response size so I implemented batch processing but I still get this error with small sets of data. I then started monitoring the object size but it appears to be unrelated. The bug appears when ObjectSpace.memsize_of reports 2888 or 328.

bug_report.txt (472 KB)
ruby_2015-12-30-154020_MAC.crash (22.2 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/