Issue #11909 has been updated by Martin Drst.

Simone Pieri wrote:
> our problem is that we really need libxml, so it's not interesting to try without....

Ruby is an open source project. We depend on help from everybody; we don't have the time to do the heavy lifting for you. Many of the core contributors are very ready to help if you are also ready to help. If you can't reproduce the problem without libxml, then the problem may be with libxml itself, so this may be the wrong place to report it.

Bug #11909: io.popen problem in 2.2 and over