Hi Wim,

On 26/01/06, wvdbos / goudappel.nl <wvdbos / goudappel.nl> wrote:
> rb_load_file is a routine called from within rb_f_load (the routine called
> by a Ruby-cript if you use 'load "afile.rb"')
> But this routine is static, if you look at the source it calls rb_load:

Ah. I was working from the information in Programming Ruby (2nd ed)
which seems to suggest that rb_load_file() should do this. I didn't
backtrack to find it called from rb_load(). I will give your
suggestion a try.

I assume that the reason for the behaviour I saw was that, when I
specified the full path, rb_load_file() was *loading* the file, but
didn't execute any of the code inside, but would still trigger an
exception when the file did not exist.

Thanks for the pointer.

Regards,

Matt