Issue #11816 has been updated by Matt Larraz.

My nave understanding is that `foo&.bar` should be a shorthand for `foo && foo.bar`, and therefore the `&.` operator should take the same level of precedence as the `&&` operator.

Marc-Andre Lafortune wrote:
>     x = nil
>     x&.foo.bar # => nil
>     x&.foo[42] # => nil
>     x&.foo[42] = 43 # => nil
>     x&.foo * 42 # => nil
>     x&.foo + 42 # => nil
>     x&.foo << 42 # => nil
>     x&.foo < 42 # => nil
>     x&.foo == 42 # => false     ### This is where the precedence of&. is higher
>     x&.foo || 42 # => 42
>     x&.foo ? 1 : 2  # => 2

If you substitute `x&.foo` for `x && x.foo` in the above, they all evaluatethe same except for one:

~~~
x && x.foo == 42 # => nil
~~~
This makes sense, since `==` is a method and not an operator.

Bug #11816: Partial safe navigation operator