Issue #11824 has been updated by Daniel P. Clark.

According to Matz about 6 years ago this didn't seem the right thing to do.

> Hi,

> In message "Re: [Bug #1893] Recursive Enumerable#join is surprising"
> on Wed, 3 Mar 2010 00:57:26 +0900, Yusuke Endoh redmine / ruby-lang.org writes:

> |I guess adding Enumerator#to_ary is a right solution.

> I don't think so, supplying to_ary means that object can be considered
> as an array, which is not always the case.

>                        matz.

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/1893#note-7

Perhaps things have changed since Ruby 1.9.2 on this issue?

Feature #11824: Add Enumerator#to_ary for added implicit behavior

* Author: Daniel P. Clark
* Assignee:
Calling `Enumerator#to_a` many times can become a bit ugly in a code base.  I propose these changes to Enumerator to allow implicit Array use of all Enumerators.

~~~ruby
class Enumerator
  def to_ary
    to_a
  end

  def method_missing m, *a, &b
    return to_a.send(m, *a, &b) if Array.instance_methods.include? m
    super
~~~

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/