Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hmm,
>
> `{a: 'hello'}.dig(:a, :b)` should raise TypeError since a string do not have method `dig`.

Thanks Matz

I don't understand why it's would be a `TypeError`. I thought it would be a `NoMethodError` (or alternatively an `ArgumentError`, as reducing the number of arguments could make that error disappear).

My understanding was that a `TypeError` occurs iff an argument of an unexpected type occurs, but the error won't go away by changing the type of any argument.

Are you sure that `TypeError` is the best error to raise in this case?

Thanks

Bug #11762: Array#dig can raise TypeError: no implicit conversion of Symbol/String into Integer