Issue #11779 has been updated by bug hit.

Shugo Maeda wrote:
> bug hit wrote:
> > Shugo Maeda wrote:
> > >
> > > Module#using is not intented to work as you expect.
> > >

> > This wasn't really my expectation, it was nobu's explanation (It is not a noop, just you don't use the refined method there), which I confirmed.
> >
> > "using" called from a module_eval block activates the refinement in the block
> >
> > Are you saying that's a bug?
>
> Nobu didn't explain that Module#using should work in methods.
> Module#using is designed not for such dynamic use.

Note that when #using is called in a module eval_block, it's effect is confined to the body of the block.  So why should it matter if module_eval is called from a method or top level or from another module/class?  Regardless of where it's called, #using inside it works the same.

Bug #11779: Module#using does not make sense as a method