Sorry for the elementary questions, though I have to warn you all that you
might see quite a few of them from me.  I've decided that, instead of
learning a new language this year, I'm going to do what it takes to fully
understand the internals of ruby.  This will be difficult, because: a) I'm
really meant to be a musician (no formal computer training, so I missed
the compiler design classes) and b) my mind just doesn't want to think in
C.

In my quest to learn the internals of Ruby, I'm attempting to port a silly
little programming language that I implemented some time back with RBison
to run on the Ruby interpreter.

Now for the first two questions:

Can someone explain the intent of the nd_end node as it relates to
NODE_BLOCKs?  Everywhere I see it used, it seems to have nd_head assigned
to it.  So, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be using it.

The other question is, what is the purpose of NODE_NEWLINE?

Thanks,
Chad