"8 spaces for tab stops" is not enough to make the spec.

When tabs and spaces are mixed, e.g., there are`"\t"*2+"2 tabs"` line and `" "*10+"10 spaces"` line, what should be expected?

1. dedent at the greatest indent column where all lines have a white space.

    a tab which includes the column will remain, but spaces between previous tab stop and the column will be removed.
    this is the implementation by @bjmllr, and results
    `"\t"+"2 tabs"` line and `" "*2+"10 spaces"` line.

2. dedent at the greatest indent column exclusively tabs

    a tab which includes the column will remain, and also spaces before the column will be removed.
    this is like `kill-rectangle` of Emacs, and I've thought this, and results
    `"\t"+"2 tabs"` line and `"10 spaces"` line.

3. expand tabs first

    tabs are expanded first before dedent, and results
    `" "*6+"2 tabs"` line and `"10 spaces"` line.

4. or, like Andrew M claims, dedent of byte-wise common parts can be an option, I think now.

Feature #9098: Indent heredoc against the left margin by default when "indented closing identifier" is turned on.