shibata.hiroshi / gmail.com wrote:
> Can you install `nodejs` via apt?

Sorry, I'm willing to audit all that code before I run it.
I cannot afford to develop any expectation of being able to
run/debug JS in any way; likewise for X11/GNOME or worse things.

> $ sudo apt install nodejs
> $ cd activeadmin
> $ bundle exec rake spec
> (snip)
> /data/dev/activeadmin/lib/active_admin/resource/action_items.rb:5:in `<module:ActiveAdmin>': No live threads left. Deadlock? (fatal)
> 	from /data/dev/activeadmin/lib/active_admin/resource/action_items.rb:3:in `<top (required)>'

Maybe this three-line patch fixes the deadlock recursion problem:

    http://80x24.org/spew/20151105213303.19743-1-e%4080x24.org/raw

No successful standalone reproduction, yet:

    http://80x24.org/spew/20151105220751.24371-1-e%4080x24.org/raw

As stated in https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/11384 ,
I was not comfortable with the original patch; so maybe
reverting the series is better if we cannot solve it right away;
especially since I don't consider the additional locking a complete
fix in [ruby-core:71305]

    http://80x24.org/spew/20151105212409.23859-1-e%4080x24.org/raw
    (reverts r52446, r52335, r52332)