Issue #11627 has been reported by Dan Sherson.

Feature #11627: make `nonzero` an alias of `nonzero?`
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/11627

* Author: Dan Sherson
* Assignee:
for historic reasons `nonzero?` returns self or nil. (according to https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/9123)

I like the expectation that `method?` returns true and false.
That `nonzero?` returns only truthy/falsy values would be fine, except using its return values are _useful_.

`value.nonzero? || calculation` or `(a <=> b).nonzero? || a.subvalue <=> b.subvalue`

I would feel more comfortable with `value.nonzero || calculation` even though it is only one character different.

Yes, it's a small thing, but I like ruby for the small things :)

Thanks.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/