Issue #11295 has been updated by Robb Shecter.

Thanks for starting this discussion!

> And some requests.
>
> * Reverse backtrace and show error messages at the bottom (to avoid scroll up terminal)

+1 for this. It's how Python displays backtraces. That's a good precedent to follow. I find that senior devs (like myself) and brand new developers (like my students) often have problems determining the exact error when seeing a backtrace. The current output isn't very user friendly: it makes the most common use case difficult, instead of making it easy:  "A programmer wants to know what error responsible for the crash."

Misc #11295: Request for comments about error messages