Then disable it if only `dtrace4Linux` is available?
How can we know `SystemTap` from `dtrace4Linux`?

Bug #11553: Disable by default the DTrace support on Linux systems.

* Author: Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez
* Assignee:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.3.0dev (2015-09-26 trunk 51943) [x86_64-linux]
The issue is the following:

* Linux has an unnofficial implementation of DTrace (dtrace4linux).
* However, this still don't works as expected and causes either build failures or segfaults at runtime when is enabled on the Ruby build.
  * Examples:
     * https://github.com/dtrace4linux/linux/issues/111
     * https://github.com/dtrace4linux/linux/issues/116

So, I propose to (by default) disable dtrace support on Linux systems.

Otherwise users that try to build Ruby on a Linux system with dtrace4Linux installed (me for example), will end with a broken build.

Linux users willing to try this feature, can still pass the --enable-dtrace flag to enable it.

Patch attached.

Disable-by-default-the-dtrace-support-on-Linux-syste.patch (1.5 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/