Assignee deleted (Akira Tanaka)

https://github.com/nobu/ruby/tree/feature/File.mkfifo

Feature #11536: File.mkfifo

* Author: Akira Tanaka
* Assignee:
I'd like to add File.mkfifo.

It is useful for tests.
FIFO is tricky: open() can block.
So it is troublesome and tests can prevent problems.

mkfifo() is defined POSIX.
Non-POSIX platform may not have it.
If we provide File.mkfifo, we can check the availability as File.respond_to? :mkfifo.
Current way, mkfifo command invocation, is difficult to determine the availability.
This availability checking eases test condition.
So this (non-implemented) method can be useful for non-POSIX platforms.

Several people requested File.mkfifo.
ruby-talk:92371, ruby-core:15675, ruby-list:49868

nobu and Hongli Lai implemented it: ruby-talk:91735 and ruby-core:15822

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/