Anders Höckersten wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> During the last few months me and Andreas Farre have been doing our
> master's thesis on a proof-of-concept compiler for Ruby. The idea is to
> test how well a language like Ruby can be compiled to C--[1]. We are
> nearing the end of our thesis and will be focusing most of our remaining
> time towards writing our report. We would however like feedback on our
> work from the Ruby community.

Hello,

Some people are interested in doing the same thing for Neko
(http://nekovm.org). How you would compare the work needed to target
Neko against targeting directly x86 bytecode ? What where the difficult
point is writing the compiler ? Is there some Ruby Language Reference
available somewhere on what you work is based ?

Best,

Nicolas