On 30/12/05, Tim Morgan <tmorgan99 / gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using PSDK, (or so I believe.  I must confess, it is a chore puzzling
> through the MSDN).

Use this instead:

  @echo off
  call "%VS80COMNTOOLS%vsvars32.bat"
  call "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\SetEnv.cmd" /RETAIL

The environment variable VS80COMNTOOLS contains the path to VS 8.0.
That contains vsvars32.bat which sets up Visual Studio itself. The
Microsoft Platform SDK -- which I downloaded using a link right in the
startup page to VS 2005 Express -- also has an environment setter.
I've created myself a shortcut to launch this batch file called "VC++
PSDK" and that's how I launch my environment. I do not believe that
what you're doing is even remotely advisable.

Changes to how _pioinfo is dealt with is something that could perhaps
be cleaned up, but won't likely be cleaned up in the 1.8.x branch, and
I certainly don't have time to look at it right now. I can look at
this deeper when I get into fixing up the overall Win32 file handling
so that the Unicode interfaces are used instead of the ANSI interfaces
currently used.

It is quite common, however, to end up bit twiddling in supposedly
opaque data structures when proper APIs aren't provided. I know that I
do it on Linux often enough.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com