Jeremy Evans <code / jeremyevans.net> wrote:
> This turns out to be a bug in the lower levels of the OpenBSD kernel,
> specific to SEQPACKET.  I've tested a patch that fixes it, it will
> probably be in the next release.

Good to know!

> The default socket buffer size for SEQPACKET sockets is actually 4096
> on OpenBSD, so it may be better to increase the size values back, though
> not all the way up to 8192.  Below is a patch that does that.

Alright, I cranked it up to 4096 on both tests for consistency.

> Thanks again for the heads up.

No problem, thanks for reporting these issues.   It's great to know
SOCK_SEQPACKET is supported on OpenBSD, even.

Btw, there's some places where we're conservative and only enable some
features under Linux.  For example, I just added another poll() user at
r51305 for Linux-only and there's the MSG_DONTWAIT_RELIABLE macro in
ext/socket/rubysocket.h  It'd be great if *BSD users/devs could test
and enable these on *BSDs (fixing the kernels if necessary).