Feature #11325: Block is passed to initializer implicitly even when I asked not to.

* Author: Andrew Kozin
* Assignee:
This works as expected:

~~~ruby
class Foo
  attr_reader :block

  def initialize(&block)
    @block = block

foo = Foo.new { :foo }
foo.block.nil?
# => false
~~~

But then I'm trying to stop passing a block to the superclass' initializer and cannot do this:

~~~ruby
class Bar < Foo
  def initialize(&block)
    block = nil # added it, however this shouldn't be necessary
    yield       # nor this one
    super()     # explicitly asked not to pass the block

bar = Bar.new { :foo }
bar.block.nil?
# => false (expected true)
~~~

Adding an empty block is not the solution, because what is really needed is **stop passing a block**.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/