ko1 / atdot.net wrote:
> There are several proposals to extend error messages.
>
> * https://github.com/charliesome/better_errors
> * https://github.com/yuki24/did_you_mean
> * https://github.com/ko1/pretty_backtrace

What performance and memory usage impact do these have?
I run many small scripts and already find startup times slow.

> * Reverse backtrace and show error messages at the bottom (to avoid
> scroll up terminal)

We should reduce stack size limit instead to avoid big backtraces ;)

Jokes aside, this may be confusing and break compatibility because of
existing tools which process backtraces (perhaps generic and not limited
to Ruby).

> * Translation error messages to other languages

NACK.  This makes searching for users with similar problems more
difficult and makes error messages difficult for maintainers to
decipher.