Issue #11252 has been updated by Yuki Nishijima.

It's a great honor and privilege for me to see the did_you_mean gem become part of the language and I am really grateful to this movement.

I've created a branch that only works on 2.3, but has less dependencies: https://github.com/yuki24/did_you_mean/compare/master...ruby-2.3

> integrate interception gem

interception gem isn't actually mandatory since the branch uses TracePoint API directly to capture a binding object.

> naming(better name for did_you_mean)

The only name I have in mind is **correctable**, but I'm open to sggestions. The main reason why I want to use a different name and force people to use a new one is that the current version of `did_you_mean` knows about too many external things including JRuby, Rubinius and Rails and I don't want Ruby to bundle it.

> bundled policy(standard library? bundled gem?)

I would like the gem to be a bundled gem to minimize the maintenance cost of it, but a couple of features(e.g. `NoMethodError#receiver`: #10881, detailed error message) have to be implemented before it is bundled.

Thank you again for considering adding the did_you_mean gem to the language and I would love to do whatever I can to make it happen!

Feature #11252: Integrated "did_you_mean" gem to ruby-core

Matz hope to integrate "did_you_mean" gem to Ruby 2.3

We need to solve to following issues.

 * integrate [interception](https://github.com/ConradIrwin/interception/) gem

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/