Issue #10932 has been updated by Koichi Sasada.

Aaron Patterson wrote:
> > Should not include.
>
> Any reason why not?  Usually I don't know where to include it while I'm debugging, and doing `ObjectSpace.allocation_sourcefile` is a lot to type.  If including isn't an option, could we add shorter method names?

I'm not sure we can restrict usage only to debugging.

Feature #10932: Enabling allocation tracing as early as possible

* Author: Aaron Patterson
* Assignee: Koichi Sasada
Hi,

I'd like to be able to enable allocation tracing as early as possible.  I've attached a patch that I use to do that when I'm debugging code that I don't know very well.

The way I use it is like this:

  $ ruby -robjspace/trace_start some_test.rb

I like using this because many times I can't figure out when to enable object tracing.  Can we add this feature to object space?

trace_start.diff (305 Bytes)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/