Issue #11206 has been updated by Usaku NAKAMURA.

Seems good.
Thank you, nobu.  Commit it, please.

Bug #11206: short file name match incompatibility

* Author: Yui NARUSE
* Assignee: Nobuyoshi Nakada
* ruby -v:
When I develop a foo.gem, my working diretory has foo.gemspec and foo.gem.
If I run `gem install -l foo`,  it fails as following:

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::Package::FormatError)
    package metadata is missing in foo.gemspec

Because gem command tries to traverse the current directory with Dir["*.gem"],
and it include *.gemspec.

Another example, Rakefile has `rake clean` task and it is specified by CLEAN constant.
if I specify CLEAN.include( "*.gem" ), it removes *.gemspec.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/