Issue #11200 has been reported by Koichi Sasada.

Bug #11200: Memory leak of method entries
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/11200

* Author: Koichi Sasada
* Assignee: Koichi Sasada
* ruby -v: 2.3dev
```ruby
def recur
  Class.new{
    define_method(:foo) do
      recur
    end
  }.new.foo
end

begin
  recur
rescue SystemStackError
  retry
end
```

This program increase memory consumption because method entries in method frames (running method entries) are not freed when classes/modules are freed.

I will solve this issue by changing method frame data structures soon.
However, it will be very big change, it is difficult to apply 2.2 and before.
It is very rare case, so I don't think it is critical issue to fix older versions.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/