On Sun, 18 Dec 2005, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Time.utc! and Time.localtime!"
>    on Fri, 16 Dec 2005 00:56:21 +0900, ara.t.howard / noaa.gov writes:
>
> |   class Time
> |     alias_method "__utc__", "utc"
> |     alias_method "utc!", "__utc__"
> |     def utc *a, &b
> |       warn "#utc method will change - use #utc! for self modifying behaviour!"
> |       __utc__ *a, &b
> |     end
> |   end
> |
> |an some time might be enough to make the transition.
>
> I don't think this is good for transition, just because new code would
> still get complained.

well, it seems either that or a suprising change must be in order... maybe not
though:  what about creating an entirely new class, something like Clock,
Moment, or somthing.  this class could have all Time's methods plus the ones
you get from 'require "time"' (like Time::parse) and a re-factoring could be
done in this class?

cheers.

-a