Issue #11140 has been updated by Aaron Patterson.

Usaku NAKAMURA wrote:
> Aaron, this commit breaks some tests on `ruby/test_require.rb`.
> Check [RubyCI](http://rubyci.org/).

@Usa I'm looking in to it.  It seems to be a bug with looking up activated features during autoload.  :(

Feature #11140: Allow rubygems' `require` to handle `autoload` calls

* Author: Aaron Patterson
* Assignee: Aaron Patterson
Right now, rubygems can't handle calls to `autoload` because `autoload` will directly call `rb_require_safe` rather than sending to `Kernel::require`.

For example:

~~~ruby
class A
  autoload :B, 'a/b' # this is in a different Gem
end
A::B
~~~

The above code won't work because 'a/b' is in a different gem.  I'd like to give rubygems the opportunity to handle requires made through `autoload`.

I've attached a patch that makes the change.

call_send_on_autoload.diff (1.31 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/